skip to content

Other websites

Lawstuff - Changing your name

I’m under 18... I want to change my name - how do I do this? You can change your name informally... If you want to use a different name, you can change your name informally by asking people like family, friends and your school to call you a different name. You didn’t need to fill in any forms for this. Changing your name informally is a free and easy way to change your name, and it ...

The Law Handbook - Changing your name

Changing one’s name is a simple process. A new name is to be recognised simply if it is established by usage. However, many government departments require written evidence of a change of name which may be obtained through the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.