The youth lawyer will talk to you and give you advice about your legal problem.
The Youth Lawyer is there for you. The Youth Lawyer provides a confidential service. This means that anything you discuss will not be discussed with anyone else unless you give permission, or unless the Lawyer has a legal obligation to do so.
- Discuss your legal and non-legal options and to go through these with you to assist you to make the best decision for you.
- If you do not feel confident to speak for yourself or are unable to make your wishes known, the youth lawyer takes all the information and presents it to the Court to help the Magistrate make a decision about what should happen.
- The youth lawyer works for you and does not take direction from your caseworker or from your parents or guardians. The youth lawyer may talk with other people who are important to you, such as your parents or caseworker (with your permission only).
- Negotiate on your behalf-speak to debtors, police, telco's, other people etc...
- Assist you to understand an/or complete forms and paperwork.
- Advice and referral.
- Draft letters on your behalf.